A summary/update on the ongoing sanctions resulting from the invasion of Ukraine:
• Russian military end users added to BIS Entity List. List of items restricted for military end use/users expanded to include all items subject to the EAR for Russia and Belarus.
• Russia and Belarus have been designated as D:5, Arms Embargoed Countries.
• Two new Foreign Direct Product Rules added. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2022-03-03/pdf/2022-04300.pdf
• Belarus has been added to military end use/end user restrictions.
• Donetsk and Luhansk regions of Ukraine have been added to list of U.S. embargoes
• Near daily updates to restricted parties lists including Sectoral Sanctions and SDN.
• Expanded Sanctions on Russia’s Industry Sector https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2022-03-08/pdf/2022-04912.pdf
• BIS is working to expedite the approval of license applications for end use to assist Ukrainian defense.
This Blog is made available by Wilmarth & Associates for educational purposes as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of export law and compliance, not to provide specific legal advice. This blog is not legal advice and should not be treated as such. You must not rely on this blog as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. The information provided on this website is presented “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied.