DDTC has recently published a final rule defining what is not considered an export, retransfer, or temporary import of certain ITAR controlled items. The rule clarifies that the following are NOT considered controlled exports, retransfers, or temporary imports:
- Launching of Items into Space
- Transfer of technical data to a U.S. person in the U.S. from a person in the U.S.
- Retransfer of technical data within a foreign country from one U.S. person to another.
- Transfer of defense articles between or among the United States.
- Transfer of end-to-end encrypted technical data for access by authorized (i.e. U.S. persons, licensed recipients) recipients excluding Russian Federation and 126.1 sanctioned countries
The entire rule can be found at: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2019-12-26/pdf/2019-27438.pdf#page=6
Please contact us if you have any questions.
This Blog is made available by Wilmarth & Associates for educational purposes as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of export law and compliance, not to provide specific legal advice. This blog is not legal advice and should not be treated as such. You must not rely on this blog as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. The information provided on this website is presented “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied.